don't worry, we can make a plan

don't worry, we can make a plan

Thursday 7 January 2010

Last day in the UK!

Well, I'm leaving today! Yesterday was my last full day in the country for a while, and it was a bloody good one. I arrived in London on Tuesday night and went out for dinner to a Chinese restaurant boasting the best crispy duck in Chinatown - however having limited experience of the other restaurants in Chinatown I couldn't really judge...



After the meal, we went to the Empire Cinema in Leicester Square to see Sherlock Holmes. It's a pretty impressive cinema with the most enormous screen and it's VERY loud. The most unbelievable thing about this cinema though is the price - £11.95 each!!! Makes the £5.90 in Edinburgh seem cheap! Either way, it was great film.

So, onto the final day in the UK. First of all I went to the Apollo Victoria as planned to pick up our Wicked tickets for the evening. I thought I would wander up to Oxford Street to pick up some things I still needed, but on the way there got distracted and ended up buying a ticket to see Breakfast at Tiffany's at 2.30pm! (at £15 per ticket, it was a bargain compared to the cinema!)



A shopping spree took place in the time leading up until the show - here is a list of what I bought:
  • hairbands
  • a book about South Africa
  • coloured pens
  • postcards
  • hot chocolate + muffin
  • a poster
  • face cleanser


So next up was my first show of the day, Breakfast at Tiffany's. I was sitting in the front row (YAS) and the exact middle (YAS) so I could see everything and was about 2 feet away from the cast. It was a brilliant show, and no I haven't seen the film or read the book so I don't really know what it was meant to be like, and Anna Friel was excellent. After the show, I saw her outside and got a picture:





Next up was my last meal in Britain, at Pizza Express and then the second show Wicked which I was BUZZING to see ;) And it didn't disappoint - the cast were on fire last night (much better than the first time I saw them), once again I was in the front row centre (YAS) and the whole thing was just amazing. Anyone fancy seeing it with me when I come back?



So that was it! My final day! Now I'm off to the airport to meet Sam and begin this adventure which has been pretty long in coming around....

See you all soon!

xxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. K - We're watching you - JJ, Claire, Robin'n'Sandy

    ReplyDelete