don't worry, we can make a plan

don't worry, we can make a plan

Sunday 21 February 2010

White Clay

What's new since last time...

No more East London this weekend, Anita and Etienne's car isn't ready for them to pick up yet. Bad times :( It is actually not so bad though – I made a list of all the things I need to do by the end of this week (and there are about 3 working hours left of it) and there's so much that I will be spending this weekend in the pharmacy anyway!

On bed bugs watch, things are much improved: I think I killed them all with a mixture of exposure to the African sun when I left my matress outside and then soaked it in a tonne of DOOM insect killer. Sally decided my bites had got so badly infected that I have impetigo, so she wrote me a for antibiotics and such which I then went and dispensed for myself, perks of the job much? The itching has miraculously gone and I am looking less and less like a leper each day.

Last night we went out for dinner, hoping to go the legendary establishment that is Papazela's pizza, but it was apparently shut because of the wedding (see previous post). None of us are sure why last weekend's wedding warrants shutting on a Thursday, but oh well! We ended up at White Clay, which is a cool little restaurant all decorated with surfing stuff etc etc. It mainly serves fish and steak dishes, something which we can't really prepare on our hob at the rondavel so it was a nice change. There were ten of us: Lisa, Megan, Joff, Sarah, Bernard, Tom, Jo, Jess, Sam and I so it was an enjoyable night :D If anyone has been following this closely enough to know who any of those people are I'll be impressed!

That's it for now, hope you are all enjoying the Easter holidays! [especially you lucky ones going to see Wicked, I am veeeeeeery jealous ;)]

xxx

2 comments: